Requesters not getting e-mails?

jgq85 November 28, 2018

Some users who submit requests do not get e-mails went a Project assignee makes a public comment. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on? There's not even a trace of a the message going to the user in the e-mail server logs. 

But some users do get e-mails of Assignee comments so I'm not sure if it's hit or miss or something specifically with certain requests. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2018

Hello John,

Thank you for raising this question. I would check the following details to troubleshoot the problem:

1 - In the request that the customer is not being notified about the comment, check if it's properly configured with a request type. When a request is created internally by an Agent, the request type field is not automatically added and the request becomes inaccessible for the customer:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 15.25.24.png

If that's the case, you can create an automation rule to set the request type when the issue is created by an Agent to avoid this problem in the future.

2 - Check if the customer is properly added as the Reporter or a Request Participant on the request

3 - Check if the Customer Notifications are properly configured with the correct parameters to send the notification:

* Navigate to Project Settings > Customer Notifications > Click to Edit the Public Comment Added notification

* Confirm if the field To is configured with the correct parameters: 

Customers Involved - If the customer is a participant in the request

Reporter - If the Customer is a reporter in the request

Let me know if the options did the trick, John.

Suggest an answer