Reporter with notification email issue

Hi Experts,

I have removed "Reporter" from notification scheme but still now reporter gets notification email on every change- even if they are set to receive no notifications.

Could you please tell how can I fix this issue?

Thanks

Mohin

3 answers

1 vote

If you've removed reporter from the notification scheme, then they are being notified for another reason.  Look at everything you have on the "issue updated" event (I'm guessing that's the email your reporter is getting).  What other groups/roles/functions might they match?

The reporter's email address not include "Issue updated" event .

notification_scheme.png

Ok, are they the current assignee then? (You have ruled out "watcher", so I need not ask) Next, have a look at all the assignee and all the watchers on the issue - are any of them maybe group accounts? Check the email address for every one of them.

Try checking if reporter is still in the watcher list for the issue.

Thanks Andrey I have checked and the reporter is not in the watcher list.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

713 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you