Reporter vs Participant permissons

Erik Föllner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

Hi @AlL,
We want to allow our Users to add "Requested participant" to their Tickets by themselfs.

So we could give them the rights to sahre the request and add participnats.

But if we do this the added participants also have the right to share the ticket with other participants. So this comes to a snowball system which causes a security problem.

The question is can we configure different rights to reporter and requested participant, so that only the reporter can add new people?

Thanks for your help!

Regards Erik Föllner

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Erik,

Sharing of a ticket would occur if you selected option one under Who can Customers Share Requests With.? This is under Customer Permission in Jira Service Desk.

Adding of new users would be configured in JIRA under Public sign-up.

Answering your question is difficult as I think you're confusing the issues here.

Victor

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.05.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-20 at 11.09.14 AM.png

Erik Föllner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

Hello Viktor,
sorry I didn't phrase this well.

I meant that only the reporter should be able to share the ticket but added participants shouldn't have the right to share it.

Suggest an answer