Reporter name is displayed as "anonymous" while creating the issues in JIRA for few users only

shrikant maheshwari May 17, 2022

Hi All,

For few users who does not have the application access and are just added as the customers in the Service desk project , when they create issues from portal screen then in JIRA in the corresponding issue below are the problems which i am observing - 

1) Created by anonymous - In the issue history 

2) Reporter name is anonymous.

I have tried creating a sample service desk project with the same "Permission Scheme" as that of the affected project and the sample user which only has the customer access i.e. does not consume license but when i create the issues it looks fine in JIRA i.e.

1) my user name is reflecting in the Reporter

2) The Issue history also shows created by "my user name" which is correct.

Could someone please help why this "Anonymous" user name is reflecting for few users.

2 answers

1 vote
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2022

Hello, 

In my humble opinion , this should be related on global permission of the project ( not only permission scheme) I already face that kind of issue and I can't remember exactly what was the problem but I can remember correctly that it was global permission related. 

Hope this help ! 

@Florian PEREZ 

Hi Thanks for the quick reply but what do you mean by Global permission of the project ? 

I mean global permissions are for the entire Application right ?

Could you clarify ?

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2022

Find below the part of the config I'm talking about : 

image.png

But i do not have those settings, please find the below screen shots . Could you let me know what is the issue ?

Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 15.12.29.pngScreenshot 2022-05-17 at 15.12.52.pngScreenshot 2022-05-17 at 15.13.12.png

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2022

i am using Server version of JIRA and Service desk , not the cloud 

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Oh , sorry for the miss understand. 

I suppose something similar should take place in server too but unfortunalty I dont have an available instance to test....

Sorry I can't help more 

0 votes

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Hi Nic,

Could you please help in resolving this ?

Suggest an answer