Replacing Monday.com

Tamara DeStefano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2024

We have a department that is using Monday.com and we would like to transition them to use the Atlassian suite. There has been some push back that Monday.com is much more user friendly. Has anyone successfully transitioned away from Monday.com? Do you have any suggestions or tools that have made it easier for the users?

Thanks!

-Tammy

3 answers

3 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Tamara DeStefano 

Welcome to the Community!

A while ago, I migrated a small project from monday.com to Jira using this article. Although I encountered some problems, I managed to fix them and successfully migrated all the data.

Alternatively, you could export data from monday.com to a CSV file and then import it into Jira, as mentioned here. However, I wouldn't recommend this method as it provides a very basic solution and you may need to have too many modifications (in my opinion).

I hope that helps.

2 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2024

Hi @Tamara DeStefano  👋

Here is a useful video about How to migrate to Jira from Monday.com

I would recommend trying the Time in Status add-on. We are not for migration issues, but a reporting app. We are also available on Monday. There is no function for calculating time in the status, so if you used us there, you can try us in Jira, where we have more opportunities.

With our add-on, you have the power to tailor your team's work schedule, ensuring that the calculation is based solely on productive working hours.

Frame 1021.png

For more in-depth data analysis, you can create reports as pivots. For example, you can look at the percentage of time spent in different statuses.

Frame 1034.png

Dashboards gadgets feature will keep your finger on the pulse and track team productivity in real-time.

Frame 1028.png

For Scrum teams we are also offering Sprint Report feature in Time in Status 
image.png

Add-on have 30-day free trial, free up to the 10 users and developed by my team. 

I hope you find this helpful 🚀 

2 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2024

Hi @Tamara DeStefano

welcome to the community!

User experience (and, more often than not, some level of change aversion) is a common concern when moving away from Monday.com. It's worth pointing out that Jira has greatly improved many of its experiences over the past couple of years. Another thing to consider is whether apps from the very well-established Atlassian Marketplace can fill in some of the gaps that people may experience as part of their journey.

Just as an example, we have a number of customers who could greatly ease the transition away from Monday with the help of the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira. Put simply, JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet view for your issues that runs within Jira, and operates on Jira issues. There are many other great apps, too, e.g. for providing various dashboard gadgets, etc. etc. 

Just for reference, this is how JXL looks in action:

jxl-basics.gif

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer