Replacement for Bestpractical RT or OTRS

Darko Hojnik October 22, 2011

Hi there

Currently I'm searching something like Bestpractical RT or OTRS. So thinking about to try out Jira for this Job.

We are a small OpenSource company and ISP providing also commercial first and second level support to our customers. Now we are using Bestpractical RT http://bestpractical.com/rt/ And we are very unlucky with it.

Our customers sends us emails to open requesting tickets for support. Something like the Server is down, OpenOffice does not work, I don't get emails, we need more servers or user accounts. The communication goes internal with Bestpractical RT and to our customers with emails only.

We need somthing whats working intensive with emails, merging tickets to one, used time of work and the stuff whats needed for ITL v3. Also users should to be able reopen closed tickets per mail. Nice to have to invoice the time on a billingsystem

Also we need also non public areas in the requesting tickets for internal communiication.

Bevore I order the trial I've some questions

1.) Can we get the same funktionality like Bestpractical RT or better like OTRS with JIRA?

2.) So we are a team less then 10 Users. Our costumers never should login directly inside JIRA. So it's enough to purchase a ten users license?

3.) which plugins would be suggesting for us to get everthing running within twi days for Setup

4.) which plugins would be suggesting for us to get Jira running with Confluence together?

5.) We need a new Website too . In my opinion it would be the best to do it with Liferay or GateIn. Whats the best strategie, solution or plugin to integrate JIRA and Confluence in Liferay? Or maybe on GateIn / exo Platform

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2013

Hi,

Note that JIRA as not designed to work as a support tool, but with some tweaks maybe you'll find a godd setup that may be fit into your business. About this customization, please take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+as+a+Support+System.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer