Reordering Project Shortcuts

Amie Fudge April 9, 2018

I find Project Shortcuts very useful on our JIRA boards but would like a way to order the links in a logical order.  Is there anyway to organize the links?  I try dragging them up/down but this doesn't do anything.

3 answers

3 votes
Mitch Talmadge October 21, 2023

There is a way to get them to be in the order you want, but it is a little silly.

The shortcuts are ordered by "last updated", so what you need to do is click on each of the shortcuts one by one in the order you want them to display (top-down), and for each one, click "Update". This resets the "last updated" date and changes the sort order to your desired order. 

You will have to repeat this any time you (or someone else) change one of the shortcuts or add a new one.

image.png

Matt Wynne March 15, 2024

Silly not to have a real method of this, but this works - thanks @Mitch Talmadge 

Like Mitch Talmadge likes this
Mitch Talmadge March 15, 2024

I'm so happy it has been helpful @Matt Wynne !! :)

1 vote
Jan Mueller January 29, 2019

It is not currently possible.

You can vote for this feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66193 

Peter Foti September 30, 2020

Given the lack of movement in 3 years, I'm not sure Atlassian actually monitors the voted for items. :(

Like # people like this
DWedekind November 12, 2020

Or will ever implement any suggestions... :-(

Like Oskar Austegard likes this
Scott Paden April 21, 2021

This is an important feature for folks NEW to Jira.  Allowing Jira Project Admins (Scrum Masters, Product Owners) to change order can be very helpful when introducing whole teams to Jira.  Please accelerate this feature.  

Like # people like this
Miguel Angel Hernandez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024
0 votes
Joe Webster December 11, 2020

See my comment on a similar question for a workaround: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-can-I-reorder-project-shortcuts/qaq-p/434241#M53820

---

Update: Ignore what I put above, I thought this question was asking about reordering pinned fields not project shortcuts.

Suggest an answer