Reopened Statistics

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi,

I'd like to do some statistics on the reopened status:

1. How many bugs were reopened

2. Who is the developer whom his bugs fixes (resolved) were reopened most? Or, for each developer, how many bug fixes were reopened by QA?

3. How many times each bug was reopened?

etc.

Thanks,

Janiv.

1 answer

2 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

1. Use JQL status changed from Closed to Reopened

2. Add column Assignee to the issue navigator, if it is not present already

3. Use Misc WF extensions and use a calculated field to increase everytime an issue moves from closed to reopened

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Thanks,

The assignee column presents the current assignee which does not help.

If the issue was reopened 2 days ago, and yesterday it was changed from reopened to resolved again, I cannot not who's resposnible for the reopened...

Please help.

Thanks,

Janiv

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2013

Why, it should still give you the results. Are you changing the assignee while reopening the issue?

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2013
Thanks, 1. The assignee is changing from the qa to the developer who resolved the bug 2. Anyway, I want a report from the past, no matter what the current status is. The bug may be now closed and assigned to the qa manager, but I still want it to be listed in the reopened report and count the times it was reopened and count the reopened for the developers. Thanks again, Janiv.
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2013
Ah ok, then use a user custom field and copy the assignee field to this field during the transition to resolved. This value will give the last user who resolved it. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions Also you can use the custom field type 'last resolved user' from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/plugin.jep
Venu Madhav February 26, 2014

Hi Renjith,

I followed your solution but I want to count for existing issues.

I want to write a mysql query to find out no of times an issue got reopened in his life time.

The issue might closed now but I want to know reopned issue count.

Is there any mysql query to know the count?

Much appreciate if I get solution.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2014
  1. You should be able to use the same solution to use a calculated field to be incremented everytime the issue moves to Open state (Resolved => Open)
  2. Or use the Scriped field from Script Runner to get the change history and calculate this automatically (need to write some groovy code though)
  3. If you are particular about a database query, then you need to join the jiraissue, changegroup and changeitem tables to a join to get this.
Arjun T Raj July 3, 2018

Hi Renjith,

I know its old discussion,

i too want to get reopened count from an existing set of issues (closed or open )

Without using any extension is it possible ?

or can we get the coun directly from  the db using some query ?

David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2019

@Renjith Pillai I like the ideas you suggestion under option 1. I understand the calculated field should be updated for example in a workflow transition. The issue is that the post-function to update a field, does not allow to update a custom field. So, I don't see how it can be implemented. Would you provide more detail for this solution? Thanks. David

Like Valerii Volkovskyi likes this

Suggest an answer