Reopened Statistics

Hi,

I'd like to do some statistics on the reopened status:

1. How many bugs were reopened

2. Who is the developer whom his bugs fixes (resolved) were reopened most? Or, for each developer, how many bug fixes were reopened by QA?

3. How many times each bug was reopened?

etc.

Thanks,

Janiv.

1 answer

1. Use JQL status changed from Closed to Reopened

2. Add column Assignee to the issue navigator, if it is not present already

3. Use Misc WF extensions and use a calculated field to increase everytime an issue moves from closed to reopened

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields

Thanks,

The assignee column presents the current assignee which does not help.

If the issue was reopened 2 days ago, and yesterday it was changed from reopened to resolved again, I cannot not who's resposnible for the reopened...

Please help.

Thanks,

Janiv

Why, it should still give you the results. Are you changing the assignee while reopening the issue?

Thanks, 1. The assignee is changing from the qa to the developer who resolved the bug 2. Anyway, I want a report from the past, no matter what the current status is. The bug may be now closed and assigned to the qa manager, but I still want it to be listed in the reopened report and count the times it was reopened and count the reopened for the developers. Thanks again, Janiv.
Ah ok, then use a user custom field and copy the assignee field to this field during the transition to resolved. This value will give the last user who resolved it. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions Also you can use the custom field type 'last resolved user' from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/plugin.jep

Hi Renjith,

I followed your solution but I want to count for existing issues.

I want to write a mysql query to find out no of times an issue got reopened in his life time.

The issue might closed now but I want to know reopned issue count.

Is there any mysql query to know the count?

Much appreciate if I get solution.

1. You should be able to use the same solution to use a calculated field to be incremented everytime the issue moves to Open state (Resolved => Open)
  2. Or use the Scriped field from Script Runner to get the change history and calculate this automatically (need to write some groovy code though)
  3. If you are particular about a database query, then you need to join the jiraissue, changegroup and changeitem tables to a join to get this.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

633 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you