Rendering error in Chrome version 45

There's a CSS rendering error in Chrome version 45. I know, it's beta, but at some point this will affect the non-beta browser so it's better to fix it now, right? Specifically it's broken on version 45.0.2454.15 dev-m (64-bit) on Windows and Ubuntu. The issue navigator page comes up and it looks OK until the final bits of rendering done by the browser and then you get:

Chrome CSS Rendering problem.png

It may be an add-on I'm not sure.

Let me know if you need any other information.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Aug 03, 2015

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the information.

Could you kindly make a test running JIRA with safe mode enabled: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Disabling+and+enabling+add-ons#Disablingandenablingadd-ons-Disablingorenablingalladd-ons(usingSafeMode) (To check if any add-on it not triggering the issue) with another test adding a bypass rule on your proxy settings (If you have it) and update us with the results ?

This is our production instance. Going into Safe Mode will affect everybody. Additionally, we have a dev instance. Alas the rendering error does not happen there. Both dev and prod are the same JIRA version but not exactly the same Add-Ons/versions of Add-Ons so I'm highly suspect that this is a problem with a plugin. I'll need to get time to be able to do this on production...

Meantime, what is this bypass rule? We currently have the following configuration for Apache:

Jira:more jira.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName jira.audience.local
    ServerAlias jira
    Include conf.d/jira-maintenance.conf
    <Proxy *>
      Order deny,allow
      Allow from all
    </Proxy>
    ProxyRequests       off
    ProxyPreserveHost   on
    ProxyPass           / http://jira.audience.local:8081/ retry=1 acquire=3000 timeout=600 Keepalive=On
    ProxyPassReverse    / http://jira.audience.local:8081/
</VirtualHost>
Jira:

Not a great solution, but I've found that it's an issue with the style position.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 7.03.07 AM.png

Changing the position to static (or anything else) resolves the issue. I'm busy working on a tampermonkey override as a temporary solution. If I get it right I'll post it here.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 7.03.17 AM.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

193 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you