Render Number of Issues in Sprint

Bryan August 28, 2022

Hello All,

Is there a way to automate sending a Slack message that renders the total number of issues in sprint and per project with a JQL query and/or smart values? For example, here is what I would like to send in the Slack message

----

Sprint 13 (12 issues)

• Project Name 1 (3 issues)
  • Project Name 2 (5 issues)
  • Project Name 3 (2 issues)
  • Project Name 4 (2 issues)

----

I already know how to send an automated Slack message from Jira via a webook. I'm unsure how to query the db for the total number of issues in a sprint and break it down by project to render the total number of issues assigned to that project within the sprint.

Thanks in advance for any help someone can provide.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Is the Sprint a static value or are you trying to derive that dynamically?

Is the list of projects from which issue will be included static, or is that also something you are trying to derive dynamically?

Note in Cloud you can't query the database directly. You can use JQL to execute queries.

If the Sprint is a static value you could use the Lookup Issues action to get all issues in the sprint:

sprint = <id of the sprint>

Lookup Issues returns a list of issues. You can get the number of items in the list using the size smart value:

{{lookupIssues.size}}

You might assign that to a variable (another Automation rule action that is available) and then execute additional Lookup Issues Actions for looking up the issues that are in that sprint and part of a given project, assigning the size result for each lookup to another variable.

Kugie Daguiso August 30, 2022

I know it's deficult for me but help you to teach about this project

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders