Rename user Bug?

I'm using JIRA 6.0.1 and I renamed a user a few weeks ago. I just noticed that some tasks that I create using Kepler's JJupin SIL scripts have an issue with this renamed user.

I see these issues with the username showed under the "assignee" column instead of that user's displayed name. Other issues show up fine with the user's Display Name in the Assignee box. Also, if I search for issues with that user's login, I only get the issues that show the Display Name, and not the username.

How can I fix this? It's becoming a big problem that certain issues aren't coming up under searches even though they're assigned to the correct user.

* Edit *

I've looked into this and found out that the Assignee field as exposed by SIL still shows the old username. I looked at the app_user table and see a mapping that shows the old user name and the new user name.

Is there any danger in editing this table? Or should I contact the JJupin vendor as this is on their side?

1 answer

1 accepted

After executing the queries mentioned in this post: was able to get everything working. Though, the good guys over at Kepler also took care of it by updating their libraries to handle renamed users, in their plugins at least.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

121 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you