Rename the Severity custom field in Jira Ops or reuse the same across different Jira Ops projects

Deleted user April 9, 2019

Contex:

Every time I create a new Jira Ops project I see that a new Severity custom field is created.

{
  • id: "customfield_11832",
  • key: "customfield_11832",
  • name: "Severity",
  • custom: true,
  • orderable: true,
  • navigable: true,
  • searchable: true,
  • clauseNames: [
    • "cf[11832]",
    • "Severity"
    ],
  • schema: {
    • type: "option",
    • custom: "com.atlassian.jira.jira-incident-management-plugin:incident-severity",
    • customId: 11832
    }
}

Now I've three Jira Ops projects and three different Severity with the same name.

Questions:

1) Is it possible to rename these fields? So I can somehow identify them?

2) Is it possible to use the same field across different Jira Ops projects instead of creating a new one each time?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2019

Hi Francesco,

First thanks for adopting and trying out the Early access Jira Ops Projects, and to address the direct question for renaming the fields, unfortunatly there is not any option for renaming system fields and this is something that is consistent across all system field values created by default across the platform, Also this is something we are not currently considering as an a new feature in the foreseeable future as covered in the following feature requests:

But we also need to take a quick step back and address some additional concerns for the Jira Ops projects, We just announced this at Summit and we released the following community post going over the details but the Jira Ops early access program officially concludes today, and the product will be closed for access on May 15th:

Please check out the details and leave any questions you have about the migration process.

Regards,
Earl

Deleted user April 10, 2019

Thank you for the detailed answer

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events