Rename Filter -- can you do it in new UI

Aaron Simkin January 30, 2018

I do not see a way to rename filters in the new UI. How do I do this ?

I tried "Edit filter details". In the past this did not allow me to rename. Nowadays it just spins and does not even open the dialog.

So I switch back to the old UI to rename filters, but it appears that option will not be available for long. Thank you.

3 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2018

Hi Aaron,

You should still be able to do this in the new UI.  If looking at your list of filters in the new UI in the left sidebar, you should still be able to scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Manage Filters link there.  /secure/ManageFilters.jspa

From there you can click the ... menu option to the far right of each filter, and select the option for "Edit Filter details".  From there you should be able to rename an existing filter name.

Regards,

Andy

Aaron Simkin February 1, 2018

thanks andrew. and i agree that this makes is where i would expect to be able to do this. but when i initially tried this (in the new UI) there was no option to rename the filter. and when i tried that again (just to be sure) before posting my initial note here -- i got (and still get) an endless spinner. i guess that is a bug to report somewhere ?

Aaron Simkin August 8, 2018

just as an update -- these days i can now access and edit filter names from the ManageFilters.jspa page

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
adam.cane March 27, 2019

You can also do this from the "view all issues" screen and then select the menu far right column with the edit option next to the filter you want to apply changes to. 

0 votes
Alex Sharp November 20, 2020

Also, be aware if the Filter is your first filter in Jira; you can't rename it. you have to create a new one and delete the old one.

Suggest an answer