• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Rename Filter -- can you do it in new UI

I do not see a way to rename filters in the new UI. How do I do this ?

I tried "Edit filter details". In the past this did not allow me to rename. Nowadays it just spins and does not even open the dialog.

So I switch back to the old UI to rename filters, but it appears that option will not be available for long. Thank you.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Feb 01, 2018

Hi Aaron,

You should still be able to do this in the new UI.  If looking at your list of filters in the new UI in the left sidebar, you should still be able to scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Manage Filters link there.  /secure/ManageFilters.jspa

From there you can click the ... menu option to the far right of each filter, and select the option for "Edit Filter details".  From there you should be able to rename an existing filter name.

Regards,

Andy

thanks andrew. and i agree that this makes is where i would expect to be able to do this. but when i initially tried this (in the new UI) there was no option to rename the filter. and when i tried that again (just to be sure) before posting my initial note here -- i got (and still get) an endless spinner. i guess that is a bug to report somewhere ?

just as an update -- these days i can now access and edit filter names from the ManageFilters.jspa page

Like adam.cane likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

You can also do this from the "view all issues" screen and then select the menu far right column with the edit option next to the filter you want to apply changes to. 

Also, be aware if the Filter is your first filter in Jira; you can't rename it. you have to create a new one and delete the old one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you