Removing Jira tags from query python code

Karthikeyan duraiswamy November 27, 2018

Hi All,

I am trying python code getting info from Jira and create some metrics for our project.

below are two lines of codes.  Python-Jira

issues_epic = jira.search_issues('issuetype = epic and project in ("Immuno Process")  AND created >= -90d',maxResults=None)
epic_fixversion = Counter([str(issue.fields.fixVersions) for issue in issues_epic])
print(epic_fixversion)

get output as follow

Counter({"[<JIRA Version: name='v2.6.0 Inc3', id='16506'>]": 14, "[<JIRA Version: name='2.6 inc 2', id='16503'>]": 5, "[<JIRA Version: name='3.0 Inc 2', id='16029'>]": 3, "[<JIRA Version: name='3.0 Inc 3', id='16410'>]": 3, "[<JIRA Version: name='2.5', id='16024'>, <JIRA Version: name='2.6 inc 2', id='16503'>]": 1})

How to remove the tags <JIRA Version: name>...I need only the values 'v2.6.0 Inc3' in the counter keys..not the tags as well.

This works fine for the resolution Jira field

temp_resou = Counter([str(issue.fields.resolution) for issue in issues_stories])

Counter({'Done': 246, 'None': 92, 'Fixed': 22, 'Resolved': 8, "Won't Do": 6, 'Duplicate': 3})

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

you need to iterate by method like 

for i in Counter:

print(i.name)

Suggest an answer