Removing Issues from Sprint using ScriptRunner or the Java API

Felix October 19, 2017

Hey fellow JIRA users, 

I know it's not the "agile" way, but here is what I want to do: 

I want to dynamically remove an issue from the current sprint once it transitions to a certain status. Whether the issue is removed from the sprint is calculated based on some properties. Additionally, the issue type should be changed. 

Calculating the properties and changing the issue type is not a problem. Removing it from the sprint however is. 

The things I found online are suggesting to use the SprintHelper or SprintManagerImpl classes from the greenhopper-package. However, those classes are only taking a Collection or a List of issues are are throwing an exception when using an implementation of those interfaces e.g. ArrayList. 

I'm aware that there is a build-in script in ScriptRunner, but how can I use this script inside a post function / custom script? 

I saw that a similar question has been asked here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/ScriptRunner-Add-issue-to-sprint-or-c... but there has been no answer.

Thank you very much!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix October 19, 2017

Came across this git https://gist.github.com/jechlin/9789183 and adapted the code a bit to fit my needs.

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintIssueService
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.ContextBaseScript
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.JiraAgileBean
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

@BaseScript ContextBaseScript baseScript
def issue = getIssueOrDefault("TP-1")

@JiraAgileBean
SprintIssueService sprintIssueService

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def sprintsForIssue = sprintIssueService.getSprintsForIssue(loggedInUser, issue)
Sprint activeSprint = sprintsForIssue.getValue().find{it.active}

if (activeSprint) {
log.info "Adding issue $issue to ${activeSprint.name} with sprint id ${activeSprint.id}"
sprintIssueService.removeIssuesFromSprint(currentUser, activeSprint, [issue] as Collection)
}
else {
log.info ("could not find active sprints for isse ${issue.key}")
}

Are there any other suggestions? :) 

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017
Felix October 19, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion! If it's not working using the Java API, I will give it a try! However, I would prefer the "Java API" way.

Suggest an answer