Remove "Filter Results:" text from gadget title on dashboard

I want to remove the "Filter Results:" text from the title of my filter results gadget on my dashboard. I believe I might have to edit the XML file and give it a blank title... could someone tell me where to find this file or what it is called? Thanks.

Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It is slightly easier in this case because the gadget gets that text from the i18n property files. You can modify the gadget.filter.results.specific.title property in JiraWebActionSupport.properties file under atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/jira/web/action folder. You will need a restart.

Having said that, I will pass it if I can because you will have to keep doing this for every upgrade. A better option might be to rebuild the filter-result gadget, as a new plugin, and modify the title in gadget xml. You just need to start using the gadget from the new plugin.

Thank you! I edited the gadget.filter.results.specific.title in JiraWebActionSupport.properties by taking out the "Filter Results:" part of the title and then saved it and then restarted my JIRA service. However, it still looks the same on the dashboard. Is there something else I am missing to make it accept the change? Thanks for the help!

What is the language configured in your JIRA instance?

Java, I'm assuming?

Sorry, I should have been clear. I am asking about the user langauge. Is it English (US) or English (UK)? If you are using a different langauge, and not the default one, your property file will be inside the i18n jar file.

English (US.) It is working now, Thank you so so much!

You'll need to find the atlassian-plugin.xml file in the source code, I think the file you will need to open up is jira-gadgets-plugin.<some number>.jar as that will contain that file.

New feature was released in July, where dashboard gadgets can now be renamed in JIRA. Just hover on the gadget's title bar and select the more (…) button. Then, choose Rename.

Is this for the Cloud version only? I am using a Server version and don't see that option

Same issue as Tiffany!

I cannot see the "Rename" option in Server version

Regards

Eilyn

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

158 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you