Remove or Hide 'Confluence Pages- Mentioned On' section from Jira Issue

Karen Mesrobian October 8, 2020

I have a Jira Issues macro on a Confluence page. The Jira issue now has a new section called "Confluence Pages - mentioned on" and it has a list of links to every confluence page that Jira issue is posted on.  I can delete the links by clicking the 'x', but I have to do that individually and it's very cumbersome.

How can I remove/hide the entire section from appearing on the Jira issue page? 

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2020

Hello @Karen Mesrobian

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, Jira UI does not have the functionality to bulk remove links from Confluence pages a specific issue. We have the following feature request created to implement this possibility:

Create way to bulk-remove links of a specific link-type 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a possible workaround, you can use a third-party app to bulk update issue links through a script, as Jira Command Line Interface (CLI). You can check the thread below for more details:

How to bulk update changed confluence links in all the relevant issues? 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Rex Pugh May 6, 2021

Yes please allow us to set "hide" as the default for Confluence links or at least move the block down to the bottom of the issue.... We have MANY references to JIRA issues in confluence and the positioning of the confluence links before the issue comments is really a pain.... we have to waste time scrolling past the links to get to the meat of our work :(

Like # people like this
Jerome LeBlanc February 7, 2022

If not hide, at least let us collapse the confluence section. We use Confluence for weekly meeting agendas and link to the Jira from the agenda, issues that take an extended period to complete get mentioned on many pages and the "Mentioned on" list is taking up a lot of real estate on the issue page.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jason Cornez April 2, 2024

Please!  Let us collapse this and other similar sections.  Bonus if the collapsed section is by remembered (ie it is sticky once set) and that if collapsed then the page load time is faster since the page can load fewer elements.

"Simple" things like this would be a huge help.  Right now viewing some issues in jira cloud is slow and painful.  Mostly I just want to see the latest comments and possibly add my own.

What can we in the community (actually, we as PAYING CUSTOMERS) do to get the team to act on some of this feedback?

0 votes
Rex Pugh February 7, 2022

Hello JIRA Product Manager.... are you there? No reply since October 2020?

0 votes
Daniel Sputa August 4, 2021

yes, this section in the JIRA ticket is confusing since I have a confluence page with roadmaps containing EPICS to work on. This page is then attached to any JIRA EPIC and confuses everyone who works on the EPIC later. (Eg. roadmap is access-restricted and developers keep asking me for a permissions to see it)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events