Remove old sprints from issues (in the Sprint field)

scott.fawcett January 3, 2020

I have queries where seeing the Sprint column is important.  Many times I want to sort based on that value.  But, if a ticket has been in multiple sprints, that have since closed, it continues to append sprints to that field, starting with the oldest sprint.  Many times those issues are no longer in a sprint, so when I sort by sprint they show up either at the top or mixed in with "valid" issues assigned to the current or future sprints.

In the Sprint field I only want 3 valid values - 1) current sprint 2) future sprint 3) empty (unassigned to current or future).  Past sprints means nothing to me.

Is there any way to remove past sprints from that field?  I just don't see the value in knowing an issue has been assigned to multiple sprints from the past.

The list of issues with this problem is just big enough where it makes analyzing my backlog a pain.

2 answers

0 votes
Guillermo July 19, 2021

Also interested.   In my case, this information is relevant, although the primary order should be the last sprint issue has got into, as we are reprioritizing it and it does not have the highest priority now.

0 votes
rvalmiki January 4, 2021

I am also looking for the answer to your question....

Suggest an answer