Remove give kudos functionality on user profile hover

Constance Hua May 8, 2024

When hovering on a user profile, there is this button "give kudos" which leads to an error page (see screenshots).

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.07.20.png
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.08.41.png

I would like to remove this fonctionality completely as it is obviously useless. 

Anyone knows how to do this? There is no trace of this "Kudo" in the configuration, nor in the search, not in the system apps. 

Thank you! 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Hi @Constance Hua 

I poked around in our Sandbox and got the same error. I poked around further found that the error pages are for something new called Platform Experiences that is currently in Early Access. Seems like it may at some point be replacing Atlas:

Q7. What if I’m a current Atlas customer, can I still opt in to early access?
A7. You can’t opt a site into Platform Experience early access if it already has an Atlas workspace attached. We’ll be transitioning all Atlas workspaces to Platform Experiences at a later date, so we recommend that you wait for the transition. Your existing Atlas data will also transition to Platform Experiences.
Note that during the early stages of the beta, there will not be a significant advantage to transitioning from Atlas to Platform Experiences yourself.
If you decide you want to join the beta anyway, you can delete your Atlas product and wait for at least 30 days before you can opt in to the early access program. While this is possible, we do not recommend this option!

I'm asking around to see if Atlassian can get rid of that "Give kudos" button if admins have not opted into this new product.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Hi @Constance Hua , I will escalate to Atlassian. I am puzzled by the error that is occurring. It may be that it occurs if you have not opted into the Kudos feature. I cannot reproduce but am in the program.

Thank you Jack

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

Hi @Constance Hua , can you tell me where that screenshot is from exactly? Is it in the Jira app or in Community or??? If in Jira, what screen?

Hi @Jack Brickey , both screenshots are from my Jira instance. The first one comes from hovering on any of our internal users, from anywhere: issue reporter, assignee, even a user attribute on Assets; and the second one is the page I land on after clicking "give kudos".

Thank you

Aha, the error page could be related to the fact that I'm on the sandbox: it seems to redirect me to Atlas on the production. 

However I still would prefer to remove this option altogether as we already have a place to give kudos internally. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

Thanks for all the info Constance. I was seeing similar to what you and Darryl both mention. I think Darryl has zeroed in on the culprit and it may simply be something that isn't fully baked yet. Hopefully we will get an official answer back in this thread..

Like Constance Hua likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2024

Hi @Constance Hua ,

I am a product manager at Atlassian.

Thank you for reaching out! This looks like a bug and we would like to dig into it a bit deeper. We would need some more information to get to the bottom of this.
Can you please email me directly at ynisanbayev@atlassian.com, and we will take it from there.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer