Remove decimal points when adding Number Field to summary

Ovidiu Vasilescu December 7, 2016

I have some numbers saved in an issue in number fields. I want on a transition to create a new issue and add some of these numbers to the summary. I'm adding this: 

issue.summary = 'Clean Range Take Version ' + cfValues['Take Version 1'] + ': ' + cfValues['Clean Range 1 Start'] + ' - ' + cfValues['Clean Range 1 Stop'] + ' ' + sourceIssue.summary

This is working fine except for the fact that the summary has a useless decimal point for some reason. Any idea how can I remove these?

chrome_2016-12-07_12-01-40.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

That's probably because the numbers are getting stored as floating point numbers OR as version objects (which are getting coerced to strings like 10.0). You could convert them with normal Groovy/Java casting.

//If the custom field is a string value and is actually 10.0, the below should be safe
(cfValues['Take Version 1'] as Double) as Integer
//If it's actually stored as a number, you could probably leave out the case to Double
cfValues['Take Version 1'] as Integer
//Or, roughly equivalently, and a bit more null safe
cfValues['Take Version 1']?.toInteger()

Another alternative would be to add a line to strip out the trailing numbers:

issue.summary = issue.summary.replaceAll("\\.0")
Ovidiu Vasilescu December 7, 2016

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer. As it's a number field, just adding "as Integer" after solved it.

I don't have to worry about null values as that is part of the condition for the postfunction - it doesn't trigger if these fields are empty.

issue.summary = 'Clean Range Take Version ' + (cfValues['Take Version 1'] as Integer) + ': ' + (cfValues['Clean Range 1 Start'] as Integer) + ' - ' + (cfValues['Clean Range 1 Stop'] as Integer) + ' ' + sourceIssue.summary

chrome_2016-12-07_13-35-28.png

Suggest an answer