Remove Permission to create board

Matthew Barber January 13, 2021

I have a number of external user and would like to disable the ability to create a new board.  This seems possible on server but cant find the setting s for the cloud version.

Please help!! 

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 18, 2022

Can the ability to share/create dashboards and filters be decoupled from the ability to create boards?

0 votes

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 07.13.03.png

Hi, thanks for you responses appreciated it.  I actually tried the above and it didn't work. Still seeing the create board button.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 07.17.18.png

Should add the the external roles an non of those detailed on the image (global perms).

Cheers!

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Matthew Barber ,

Settings --> system --> global permissions--> Share dashboards and filters (Share dashboards and filters with other users.)

By default every user (jira-software-users group) will able to create filters, boards, Dashboards and they can able to share filter queries and dashboards to other groups /users / roles.

So you have to create a group with all (jira-software-users) and remove those external users and provide this group to Settings --> system --> global permissions--> Share dashboards and filters

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Matthew Barber , 

I think that you should remove Share dashboards and filters (Global Permission) for those users and this should also remove ability to create boards. Have a check. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events