Remove Comment and Assign buttons.

Emma Knight July 2, 2014

I am wondering if there is a way to remove the Comment and Assign buttons?

Reason is that I want users to use the workflow for all operations, as with this I can present them with a custom screen that displays the fields that are key to our business.

We have the case where a user may add a comment and then assign (hence 2 emails) or they forget to assign, etc…

By using the workflow, while they can still forget to change/fill out a field, it is less likely as it is in front of them when making any changes to an issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Hey Emma,

The only way I can think of to hide these buttons on OnDemand instance is by using permission schemes and controlling who can comment/assign. But since you require them to perform these operations and you only want to hide these buttons, I don't think this is possible on OnDemand instance.

Cheers

Bhushan

Emma Knight July 2, 2014

What a dope. Did I click on demand? We are using our own environment. Does this change what can be done?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Yup. For the assign button link, you can disable the plugin module named "View ops bar assign link". Take a look at the guide below on how to disable plugin modules.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Managing+JIRA's+Plugins#ManagingJIRA'sPlugins-DisablingaJIRAPlugin

I have not tried the same for the comment button. See if it is possible to disable that module as well. If not, you will have to write a custom web-resource plugin to write some javascript to hide the button. Let me know if you require any help with this :)

Cheers

Bhushan

Emma Knight July 2, 2014

Thanks,

But I cannot find the plugin area to do this.

I have full permissions so that is not an issue.

When I do the g+g and type plugin, I only get the Plugin Data Storage. Not sure if this is the right area, but none the less I cannot see the "View ops bar assign link".

Is a plugin different to an Add-on?

Ideas?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2014

Hey Emma,

In the latest version, try the "Administration" -> "Add-ons" and go to Manage Add-ons.

Emma Knight July 3, 2014

I have done that but do not see the "View ops bar assign link" to disable. Should I be looking for something different?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2014

Go to Administration -> Manage-addons and in the filter change it to System. This will show all the system plugins.

Then look for Issue Operations Plugin and expand on the modules. You will find it there.

http://i58.tinypic.com/29z6b9f.jpg

Like Kuharev Artem likes this
Emma Knight July 5, 2014

Thanks. That worked on both the assign and comment.

Top job :)

Suggest an answer