Remove Board Dropdown from Project view

Matus Pavlovic June 19, 2018

I would like to know how to I remove dropdown button from project side bar:

image.png

I recently had my projects side bars without this button, but it suddenly changed. I Think this button was activated automatically after I change some settings and now I can not revert it.

Now I can see on all my project the BOARD dropdown as button which I do not need at all, because I have doubled links (Project Dropdown and Board dropdow).

All I need on the project side bar is:

Backlog

Kanban Board

the rest...

Moreover, for all the project I can see all the boards available:

image.png

I would guess, that this is not about permissions, because this happens for admin as well as for regular user with limited rights.

I found this topic:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-disable-board-button-for-jira-software-application-829057797.html

But it did not help, because I could not modify the module "Planning Board Menu Item"

image.png

Please any idea?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2018

Hello @Matus Pavlovic,

Unfortunately I don't think you can disable this. It's been rolled out this week:

Switch and search for boards in your project's sidebar

We improved the board switcher in your project's sidebar. Now, you can switch between the boards in your current project and recent boards from other projects. And, you can search for boards across your entire Jira site.

To try it out, select your board's name in your project's sidebar.

(See this week's changes)

As far as I know, you can't delete this kind of shortcut on your project sidebar.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Matus Pavlovic June 19, 2018

Thanks Manon,

But Really? this does not make sense.

This just polutes the side-bar - for what do I need this links if I already have it just above (project dropdown)?!?!?

and right below I have "Kanban Board" - So basically there is 3 buttons refering to exactly the same thing...

Do you know, if there is a way to remove then the "Kanban Board" link from the side-bar?

Like Paul Hage likes this
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2018

Hmm in the project dropdown I only have recent projects, do you still have recent boards there?

I agree the project sidebar in the new UI is kind of messy, I'd also like to be able to remove some shortcuts - once you have 1 or 2 apps installed, there's a lot of shortcuts and it's really not user-friendly. It'd be useful to let global admins define which shortcuts are default and then project admins to choose the ones they want to use.

Not sure which "Kanban board" link you are talking about, but the only shortcuts you can remove are the one you added, e.g.:

sidebar.png

Paul Hage June 16, 2021

That is sad. I want to clean up the list and I can't.

Suggest an answer