Remove Automatic issue assign in Next-gen projects

julien moulis November 20, 2019

Hi people, 

I just got the management of an existing project based on next-gen. Every time that a user change an issue's state it is automaticlly reassign to an other user. I would like to remove this behavior on the project I work on. I thought it was around workflows but I don't find it.

Do you have any clue?

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello Julien,

Thank you for reaching out.

Since you are managing a Next-gen project, I believe that the automatic change of the assignee when transitioning an issue can only be caused by a Board rule. Please, try the steps below to remove it:

1 - Navigate to your next-gen project

2 - In the board view, click in the three dots menu (...) at the top-right corner > Manage Rules

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 15.31.09.png

3 - Find the rule that is assigning the issues when changing its status and remove it

Let me know if this information helps.

julien moulis November 21, 2019

Thank you

Ellie Bellemans April 7, 2022

@Petter Gonçalves Where is this option now? I see there is now an "automation" menu item in the project settings. But I cannot find this rule there. 

I also notice that when moving an issue back to "to do", the assignee is removed, is this also a rule? And where can I find/disable this?

many thanks

Suggest an answer