Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Remove Advanced Formatting Tags From Export

I am using formatting tags in a ticket.  For example,

{panel:title=Issue Detail|titleBGColor=#CCFFCC|bgColor=#FFFFCC}

When exporting, the 'code' is also exported instead of just the real text.  I would like the export to exclude the formatting coding & only show the 'true' text.  I have seen https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59964 but that is still unresolved after 6 years.

2 answers

0 votes

Which is the export target format?

I am exporting to Excel

0 votes

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira would have to parse and understand content to try to make a decision as to whether chunks of formatting are actually content or not.  It's not a simple thing to do, and Atlassian have it way down the to-do list as it's difficult and most people don't need it.

What they really want to question, but never quite admit, is "why export?".  Exported data is instantly obsolete and usually not particularly useful.   So my question is driven towards "why are you exporting?  What problem are your exports supposed to resolve?"

I am exporting to compile a weekly report to track various measures.  While there may be a better way to produce this within Jira, it's our current process. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you