Remotelink to Confluence Space created with REST API fails to load

Kai Nahrgang August 9, 2017

Hi,

I created a remote link using the REST API.  I can see the link like expected in the Issue Links. However, it says "Failed to load" but the link still works when I click on it.  Auswahl_009.png

If I edit the Confluence page and create a link to an Jira issue, the link loads without any problems. 

Here is what the log says:

Aug 07 16:39:39 jiraapp01 docker[643]: 2017-08-07 16:39:39,227 http-nio-8080-exec-39 ERROR admin 999x921014x1 15qz5n4 10.0.xx.xx,10.0.xx.xx /rest/viewIssue/1/remoteIssueLink/render/10804 [c.a.j.p.v.issuelink.rest.RemoteIssueLinkResource] Error occurred while generating final HTML for remote issue link: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Failed to load Confluence Page from remote server Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to load Confluence Page from remote server Caused by: com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Status Code: 200, Status Text: OK, Errors: {}, Error Messages: [java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.RemoteException: You're not allowed to view that page, or it does not exist.]

So the strange thing here is:

* The user "admin", which is the one who visited the jira issue with the broken link, exists and has the permissions to view the page in Confluence.

* The Application link is set up and works with OAuth (impersonation). Should therefore the user account be used to check if he has permissions to view the Confluence page?

Confluence v6.1.3

Jira 7.3.1

Thanks, br

Kai

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

This might be because of this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-63769

Kai Nahrgang August 9, 2017

Hi Tarun,

I already know this issue but I don't get a ClassCastException as you can see in my log snippet.

Suggest an answer