Remaining Time calculations

Danielle Cantrell December 31, 2018

I have time tracking enabled on my project.  We have entered the estimate are are tracking work.  However I would expect that the remaining time would show the estimated time lesds the total of the logged work.  It is not.  It is showing the total logged work instead.  I'm figuring this is just a setting I have that is incorrect, but I having been test it and I can't seem to get it to change.  Can someone assist me?

2 answers

2 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Danielle Cantrell January 2, 2019

Yes,  I think it does.  Thank you.  I did edit and it is displaying now as anticipated.  We will see if it now updates as expected once we log more hours.  TX

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2019

You are welcome, Danielle!

Have an awesome new year and let us know if you find any other questions regarding this matter.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2018

Hello Danielle,

Can you please provide us a screenshot of the view you are referring to? Are you using the new issue view or the old issue view?

Normally, the time Tracking is displayed in three fields of the issue view or in a single one displaying the logged time against the remaining.

Old issue view:

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 11.07.45.png

New issue View:

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 11.10.06.png

Can you please let me know if you do not seem this field like this?

Danielle Cantrell December 31, 2018

We are using the Old Issue View and that is a great example of what I am seeing.  I would expect to see that remaining would be = to the Estimated - the logged.  See attached

Timetracking.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
January 2, 2019

Hello Danielle,

The behavior you are expecting is the default when you don't set any value for the remaining field, just like displayed in the screenshot provided in my last answer.

That being said, the remaining field should be Estimated - Logged if you leave it blank instead of manually add a different value to it.

To correct the fields that are not displaying as you expected, you will need to manually edit the remaining to the correct estimated value.

Please, let me know if it makes sense to you.

Marjorie Foutch April 16, 2019

Hi there,

I'm experiencing something similar.  I have a Task with the Original estimate of 160 hours. We have a team that creates sub-tasks and have logged hours under each sub-task.  How can I summarize the logged hours of the sub-task AND deducted from the Original so that it shows in the Remaining?  See my screenshot

2019-04-16_17-02-10.png

Like Gergely Kenedi likes this
faizulc July 8, 2019

I have the same issue!!

AleksandraB January 28, 2020

Can sb help here?

Silvia May 1, 2020

Same issue here.  When a subtask is added WITHOUT and estimate, and then Time is tracked against it, only 'Logged' in the parent Story is impacted, not the 'Remaining'.

Is there a fix or a workaround?

also...we don't want to impact the Original Estimate on the Story.

thanks!

WernerS May 10, 2023

Is there any update about this issue?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer