Releasing project version using Transitions

I am thinking about creating a release workflow for some of my projects. I would like to create a "Release" issue, and have a transition called "Release", which would close the JIRA release version (mark the version as "Released") associated with that issue (the "Fix Version" of that issue). Currently I manually administer the project, click the cog icon next to the release version, then mark it as released.

Can this be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You will have to develop a post function that does this. Use VersionManager.

No idea what you mean at all.  I am not finding the documentation clear at all.  So what exactly am I mean to do with a post function and I have no idea how to use VersionManager.  Perhaps you could give me step by step guide as I am new to Jira.  The only reason I am using Jira is for defect management from TestRail.

Thanks

Sian

This post is nearly 5 years old, and things have moved on a bit.  As an old question, only a limited number of people will have seen your reply too.

I suggest you re-ask the question of the whole community, detailing your scenario, mentioning that you're using TestRail explicitly (as this question is not about TestRail at all).

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks Nic

I shall do so.

Kind regards

Sian

If anyone looking for an answer to @Siddharth Srinivasan's  question,

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def project = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectByCurrentKey("PROJECT KEY")
def versionManager = ComponentAccessor.getVersionManager()

def version = versionManager.getVersion(project.getId(), issue.getFixVersions())
versionManager.releaseVersion(version, true)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you