Release Version and Automation

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2023

The new features on the "Releases" are really helpful for visualizing the "what" is going to be released,  as well as the "related work" section to handle lining any approvals (from JSM for example) for go/no-go decision.

A couple of questions:

• When creating "Related work", is there a way (using automation or the rest api) to retrieve the associate Jira/JSM/Confluence pages for the release?
  • When creating the related ticket in a JSM  ticket, is there a preferred way to "link" back to the version?   The URL for a release doesn't show an assocated ID for the release
  • There is some automation around releases.  is there ability to trigger an event when related work is added?

Thx

Ken

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2023

Hi @Ken Young 

For the release related work feature, I found this post in the dev community which indicates there is an experimental REST API to access the links and that the Atlassian team is working on a public API (last update info from Atlassian was August 2022):

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/api-for-release-related-work-links/60951

Kind regards,
Bill

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2023

Hi @Bill Sheboy

Thank you for the references.   This is a really nice feature, but getting those API's exposed, (or as a part of the Automation library) will be key to getting this feature aligned with pipelines, as well as making some compliance relate processes to work (without extensive documentation).

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2023

Agreed, and...there are several things not available in the public REST API functions, and thus not available to automation rules.

I could not find any open suggestions for this so I recommend adding one.  Perhaps one of the automation product managers will associate it to any open work items so we can see progress.

Just as an aside: I am just another customer, trying to help.  The support team and creating suggestions may attract Atlassian's attention for the need you describe.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events