Release Burnup

Jyoti Chakraborty December 12, 2021

How to create a Release burnup chart in Jira for specific version/release, involving 2 or more teams.

1 answer

0 votes
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Jyoti Chakraborty ,

In scrum projects you can create a burndown chart by accessing Project menu > Reports > Burndown chart. You can read more about burndown charts in Atlassian docs.

If you're looking to create a burndown chart in kanban projects or across multiple projects it's not available in Jira out of the box but you can have a look at this article for a workaround.

I hope this helps. Nikki

Max Ålander June 7, 2022

It seems like the author was asking for a burnup chart instead of a burndown chart. I'm curious about the same thing.
I can only find burnup per sprint, but I want to see it per project/release/version.

Like simon_officer likes this
Melody Johnson June 13, 2022

Any Luck? I'm looking for the same thing! I can do it outside of Jira - but that's not ideal. I'm looking for a release burnup for a release. 

Like Max Ålander likes this
Max Ålander June 13, 2022

Nope. Right now I'm looking into adding an app to solve it.

I'm also curious if it could be done with custom reports, but it seems like that can't be done in "team-managed projects".

simon_officer November 16, 2022

@Jyoti Chakraborty i'm sure i have been able to create a burnup chart for a release in Jira before, but I was using a server not a cloud version of JIRA

i'd also be interested in how we created a burnup chart for a release - it is a really useful feature

Suggest an answer