Regex Validator on FixVersion

Topicus August 13, 2014

Hello to all Groovy/query wizards,

I'm looking to have a validator on a Jira transition that checks FixVersion matches a specific regex. (in my case 'digit dot digit digit', ie 3.12 or 6.38).

As I have a previous validator that previously checks that there is exactly one fixversion, we can assume only 1 fixversion is present.

All help is greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

What you want is to have the validation run when the Version object is created though, no? There's not much point in not letting people pick an existing fix version...

Which is more tricky.

Something like this:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

Issue issue = issue
def fixVersions = issue.fixVersions

if (! fixVersions)
    return

def fixVersion = fixVersions.first()
if (! (fixVersion ==~ /\d\.\d{2}/)) {
    throw new InvalidInputException("fixVersions", "Choose a better fix version")
}

But it depends what version of script runner you are using, you might need a slightly different return type for older versions.

Topicus August 18, 2014

Jamie, thanks for your response.

To clarify: within my project i have a lot of versions functioning as 'shelves' for multiple issues before actual integration into the release codebase. upon moving to the actual release branche (we use a corresponding Jira status for that) these 'shelves' are no longer valid and so the FixVersion is required to have a release like format. You can assume the Fixversions required i.e. 3.12 or 6.38 are already present, so the trickyness is reduced.

For example: in status non-merged an issue still holds FixVersion = 'ShelveVersion1', upon the transition to status MergedInCodeBase I need to check whether it holds a X.XX format.

I hope this clarifies things and that you - as groovy guru - can further my dilemma.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

ok I updated my answer

Topicus August 21, 2014

Works like a charm. thank you

0 votes
Peter Berner September 10, 2014

For me this Simple Scripted Validator works fine:

import com.atlassian.jira.project.version.Version;
def versions = issue.getFixVersions() as List<Version>
issue.getResolutionObject().getName() != "Fixed" || versions.any {it.getName().matches(/(^V\d+\.\d+$)|(^0.\d+.0.\d+$)/)}

Suggest an answer