Reference workflows from within a workflow

David Brownell July 6, 2014

In our environment, tickets are created through a variety of different sources, and each source has the potential for workflow requirements. In a simplified example, a ticket that is generated as the result of a customer inquiry has specific workflow implications after the ticket has been resolved (namely, communication with the customer). From the engineering organization perspective, the workflows are identical and follow a traditional progression.

Is it possible for a workflow to reference another workflow?

I realize that I can copy workflows to achive a similiar result, but I'd like changes in the engineering workflow to be captured in the other workflows that rely upon it.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

No. A workflow is something an issue in a project follows. That's it, no nesting, calling other stuff. If you need to use another workflow for an issue, you need to change it's project and/or issue type.

It sounds like your best approach is to put all the workflows into one single workflow and then control the flow with conditions (probably scripted)

Suggest an answer