Reference workflows from within a workflow

In our environment, tickets are created through a variety of different sources, and each source has the potential for workflow requirements. In a simplified example, a ticket that is generated as the result of a customer inquiry has specific workflow implications after the ticket has been resolved (namely, communication with the customer). From the engineering organization perspective, the workflows are identical and follow a traditional progression.

Is it possible for a workflow to reference another workflow?

I realize that I can copy workflows to achive a similiar result, but I'd like changes in the engineering workflow to be captured in the other workflows that rely upon it.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

No. A workflow is something an issue in a project follows. That's it, no nesting, calling other stuff. If you need to use another workflow for an issue, you need to change it's project and/or issue type.

It sounds like your best approach is to put all the workflows into one single workflow and then control the flow with conditions (probably scripted)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

48 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you