Reference a specific time in a Jira query

Dave
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2024

Hi, I have a complicated question so I will do my best to describe it so it is understood:

We work in a team that has staff in multiple timezones and we work in a 24/7 shift pattern. We all start at 7:00am or 7:00pm Australian Western Standard time, which is 9:00am or 9:00pm for Staff in the Australian Eastern Standard time zone for example.

We monitor alerts coming from Jira from customers in multiple countries.

We have local teams that monitor these international clients during their standard daylight working hours.

We then take over the monitoring outside of these times.

I am trying to set up a filter that only displays the alerts for the customers that we are monitoring at any given time.

I can use the startofday(+/-XH) command in the query to do this.

The issue I have is that Jira uses the time of the local system for each user.

This results in the startofday() command displaying different results to staff from different time zones.

Is there a way to set a Jira query to reference a specific time (UTC for expample) or is there another way to achieve the same results

1 answer

0 votes
Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2024

Hi @Dave Welcome to the Atlassian community,

You can try the below JQL's to get the issues created between specific time on a day and adjust the time based on your profile time or system time to get the correct results based on it.

project = abc and created >= startOfDay("+7h") AND created <= startOfDay("+19h")

This will give you tickets created between morning 7 am and evening 7 pm hrs and similar

project = abc and created >= startOfDay("+19h") AND created <= endOfDay("+7h") 

This will give you tickets created between evening 7 pm and morning 7 am of next day

project = ABC and created >= startOfDay("-2h") and createdDate <= startOfDay("+5h")

This will give you tickets created between night 10 pm (last day) and morning 5 am (of current day)  

Please try this and let me know if that full fill your requirements or not.

Suggest an answer