Receiving Email Notifications for tickets I'm not attached to

Mark Hostetler April 16, 2019

I and some other users in my Jira cloud environment are receiving emails notifications that we don't need.

I have configured the notification scheme for the project with Assignee, Reporter and Watchers for every available option/action. 

We are still getting email notifications for tickets we are neither the Assignee, Report nor a Watcher for.

Edit: Happening on Jira Software Projects

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Hostetler April 18, 2019

It appears i was on a wild goose chase... the emails my user was receiving was from a different software all together...

:facepalmemoji:

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

AH! Glad you were able to find that out.

0 votes
Aimee Heigold June 26, 2020

I have a slightly different issue. There was a ticket created and someone was assigned to it. The ticket type was changed, but they are still receiving notifications. The field that they were assigned to isn't an option for the new ticket type. Is there a way to remove them from the ticket? Thanks

Mark Hostetler June 26, 2020

Outside of an API updated, the easiest thing is to add the field back, change them, the remove the field if you don't want it there permanently.  A lot of tickets I left assignee off of for the sake of minimalism I've gone back and added them because this is a fairly common scenario. 

Alternative, have the person who should be the assignee go use the 'assign to me' button

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Hi Mark,

Is this on a regular JIRA project or a JIRA Service Desk project?

Jira Software Projects

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2019

Is there by chance any workflow post functions that could be sending out these notifications or some automation setup?

The emails do seem to be only for ticket creations.

We use Automation for Jira plugin that i've done all the configuring for, and we don't have any rules that trigger notifications for creation(or other changes).

We only have a few custom post functions, none of which are for notifications, so we're running pretty 'stock'. Pretty much all of our projects follow the same Workflow template. Screenshot below of the create transition, maybe that #3 there?create transition.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2019

Interesting. Just to confirm what roles do you have for the notification scheme for this project on ticket creation?

In our notification scheme, I don't have any roles assigned to any of the events. Each only has the three options, Assignee, Reporter, Watchers.notischeme.jpg

I'll run with the current settings for a few days and see if anything has changed.

Suggest an answer