It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Receive email notification when issue is blocked by another issue who's status is Resolved

I understand how to setup notification and notification scheme for an issue. What I don't understand is how to make Jira work like Bugzilla such that a child bug's assignee is notified when the parent bug's status is moved from In Dev to Resolved. 

Use Case: As a client software engineer, I want to be notified when our Release Manager posts updates to our Operating System to the WWW so I can quickly update our Client's XML file so it points to the latest version number of the OS. 

GIVEN that Jira has an Issue called "SR-101: Post OS to WWW"

AND that SR-101 blocks another issue called "SR-102: Update Client XML file"

AND Barney is the Assignee to SR-101 (post)

AND Fred is the Assignee to SR-102 (update XML)

THEN when Barney marks SR-101 as "Resolved"

Fred should receive an email notification from Jira stating that SR-102 is now unblocked and ready for him to update his XML file. 

Has anyone explored and worked around this issue? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

Currently this is not possible using native jira notifications, and we have the following feature request tracking interest in this, noting there is a workaround of using ScriptRunner to trigger a custom notification that has a scripted function Update blocking issues:

Make sure to add a vote to the request to help us track interest in this per the Implementation of New Features Policy

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

314 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you