Receive System Error when trying to add a Transition View to a workflow step

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Receive System Error when trying to add a Transition View to a workflow step

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

This usually occurs if there is a non-existing screen ID being referred in the workflow.

Typical error looks like: "Cannot find Screen with id '11100'."

See KB article for more details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=295305313

0 votes
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

I solved it differently than how the atlassian article recommended because I didn't have access to the database to change it. I removed the transitions that had the screen associated to it and then added them back with the view. That worked.

0 votes
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

This questions was auto created from jira ticket JSP-152361. The issue is a known problem and there is a knoledge base article that provided step by step resolution.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

That is not helpful.

What is the error, have you done this successfully before, and if so, what's the difference?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

Sorry you didn't feel it was helpful. All the information including the error essage was in my ticket that I opened, which apparently created this question on "Ask Questions" automatically. Sorry for the incovienence. I got a response back on my ticket and it's a known problem and they sent me a knolwedge base article that walks you through resolving. Thanks for trying to help me though

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

"Didn't feel it was helpful" is not quite right. It's more a statement of fact in this case.

It's a bit like ringing a doctor and saying "I'm ill" and nothing else. Would you expect them to be able to diagnose your illness from that? They don't even know if you have a headache, your arm has fallen off, you have a fever or a penguin bite.

I suspect the support team had a similar problem if that's all you told them too!

Anyway, glad it's sorted - could you share what it was for future reference? Rememer JSP issues are private - between you and Atlassian, so we can't see any details.

Suggest an answer