Re: how can we configure a checkbox that can be used to disable the notification for a ticket update ?

hi,

is it possible to configure a check box which can be used to disable the notificaton for that particular update? for example, if i want to disable notification for assignee update, it should not send notification for that update.

thank you,

Asif

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can remove notifications for "Issue Assigned:" event from the project's notification scheme.

hi Boris,

i want the checkbox to be used as switch.let it be any update on the issue, if i dont want to send notification, i will just check the check box and notfications will not be sent.this is the requirement.

thanks

So you want to be able to control notifications "per single issue" right ?

Do you mean something like - Send notifications for any issue update except when the assignee is changed ?

yes..thats correct

You might remove notification for assignee in the notification scheme and then configure Send custom email function which will execute based on the checkbox value and send the required email.

Not a perfect solution, but still an option.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail

You'll need to code for this one. You need to remove the standard email functionality and implement your own, one that understands the "check box X means don't send email"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

162 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you