Ranking problem on a classic board that's pulling in nextgen issues

Jay Keck October 24, 2019

I have created a board attached to a classic project whose filter is pulling in issues from several nextgen projects. It works great, getting around that one board limitation of next-gen, except for one glitch. When trying to order issues within a column, ranking, in some cases certain issues can't be moved up and down in the column. Many can though, so I don't know what project or issue setting is preventing some from being able to be reordered. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this inconsistent behavior?

Other than that the users love the board that can showing a global view of their various nextgens, so people can easily track what work they have been assigned in various groups/

Thanks,

Jay

1 answer

0 votes
Jay Keck October 24, 2019

I think I found the common feature. All issues that are non-moveable are stories under and epic. When I try and move the story up the column, the square it was sitting within, the epic, remains unmoved, the story moves but can't be placed anywhere in the column except back into its parent epic square. If I search within the board for the epic issue number it's not found even though it is being displayed as a gray box that the story sits in.  

Is there a setting that will divorce these 2 from each other and let the story run free??

Mark Crocker February 26, 2020

Yeh having the same issue with ranking in this way.

Mark Crocker March 5, 2020

Still nothing huh?

Jay Keck March 6, 2020

Nope. I've just explained behavior to my users so they aren't surprised/confused.

Mark Crocker March 10, 2020

It's a little disappointing and frustrating that we can't do this. I understand Atlassian's stance I just feel like we are getting better features with the roadmap and then worse with others features.

Suggest an answer