I have just signed up for an account at jira/atlassian/com.
I can successfully log in using the web interface, but I cannot login with basic authentication on the rest api interface.
Server answer is 403 with X-Authentication-Denied-Reason: CAPTCHA_CHALLENGE.
Though I can log without problem (and no captcha verification asked) at the regular login interface.
I have even tried to deliberately wrong log 5 times such as to be asked for a captcha and then log-in successfully. But when retrying to connect through the rest api, same 403 response.
Below, the full log of request and response:
* About to connect() to jira.atlassian.com port 443 (#0)
* Trying 126.96.36.199... * connected
* Connected to jira.atlassian.com (188.8.131.52) port 443 (#0)
* Initializing NSS with certpath: sql:/etc/pki/nssdb
* CAfile: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
* SSL connection using TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
* Server certificate:
* subject: CN=*.atlassian.com,O=Atlassian Pty Ltd,L=Sydney,ST=New South Wales,C=AU
* start date: Sep 17 00:00:00 2014 GMT
* expire date: Sep 20 12:00:00 2017 GMT
* common name: *.atlassian.com
* issuer: CN=DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA,OU=www.digicert.com,O=DigiCert Inc,C=US
* Server auth using Basic with user 'eric.romon1627545656'
> GET /rest/api/latest/issue/DEMO-5152?expand=names HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic ZXJpYy5yb21vbjE2Mjc1NDU2NTY6TXkgSklSQSBQYXNzd29yZA==
< HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
< Server: nginx
< Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:10:55 GMT
< Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Connection: keep-alive
< X-AREQUESTID: 910x18426623x2
< X-ANODEID: node2
< X-ASEN: TestSEN
< WWW-Authenticate: OAuth realm="https%3A%2F%2Fjira.atlassian.com"
< X-ASESSIONID: qnxw15
< X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
< X-Authentication-Denied-Reason: CAPTCHA_CHALLENGE; login-url=https://jira.atlassian.com/login.jsp
< X-Robots-Tag: noarchive
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< Set-Cookie: __atl_path=172.24.36.107.1442502655796815; path=/; expires=Sun, 14-Sep-25 15:10:55 GMT; domain=.atlassian.com
< Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=DD95D0D5A996FAE4437B3C35BCECBF9A.node2; Path=/; Secure
* Connection #0 to host jira.atlassian.com left intact
Have you checked:
You've probably tried to login too many times incorrectly.
No idea when it releases the Captcha Challenge once triggered...
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs