REST API v3 - create a next-gen project

Matt Radford July 8, 2019

Hello

I'm trying to create a next-gen project via the REST API v3. I can create a classic project but can't see how to create a next-gen, or modify a classic project to become a next-gen.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2019

Hi Matt,

Check out the following Developer Blog on this topic that goes into more detail on this:

But as covered in the blog:

There is no public REST API available to create project-scoped entities

I would recomend watching This Feature Request for updates

Regards,
Earl

Matt Radford July 11, 2019

Thanks @Earl McCutcheon 

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

HI Matt,

I wish I had something you could use right away, but on this one we just have to wait a bit longer, and happy I could help.

Regards,
Earl

Nathan Miller September 19, 2019

Has there been any update on this.  I checked the feature request and things are being implemented, but I do not see where creating a next gen project is being addressed.  Would it be possible to create with the appropriate template type?  If so, what would that be?

Like Board Genius likes this
Board Genius November 24, 2019

+1 for Nathan - I see nothing about creating a next-gen project via the API.

Nathan Miller November 25, 2019

Hey Matt... I had to reverse engineer creating a next gen project.  Turns out the templateKey is "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-agility-scrum".  Hope that helps.

Like Matt Radford likes this

Suggest an answer