REST API to Create JIRA USER Directory

Arnab Roy November 23, 2018

Hi,

I'm looking to script the process of user directory creation using PowerShell. Can you point to any resource that would help me doing it using REST?

I'm planning on getting the inputs from another User Directory export -or- XML/JSON.

Thanks

-Arnab

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hello Arnab,

When using Crowd, you can use the REST requests for Add User. The Add User requests will allow you to create a user within Crowd and from Crowd the user can be granted privileges within Jira.

Powershell has methods within itself to allow for ConvertFrom-JSON and ConvertTo-JSON to allow you to pickup variables and convert them to or from. This will allow you to take JSON data, get the variables you need and then place them within the Invoke-RestMethod within Powershell.

As far as what you’re looking for, are you needing examples or documentation to help facilitate your learning?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Volodymyr Havryliuk October 28, 2020

Hello, @Stephen Sifers .

But it is actually possible to automate addition of new LDAP User Directory to Jira via Java or rest api?

Suggest an answer