Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

REST API for Associating a Screen with a Workflow Transition

I'm really confused...

Using the JIRA v3 REST API, I can perform the following:

1. Create custom fields
  2. Create a screen
  3. Add screen tabs and fields to a screen
  4. Create a workflow, including specifying transitions

However, it seems there's no interface for associating a screen with a workflow transtion (although the GET for a workflow shows any applicable screens for transitions).

Why am I confused? There appears to be no reason of including the ability of creating a screen in the REST API if the screen cannot be functionally associated with anything. Surely there's no point in the ability of creating a screen in the API if it can't be used...

Am I missing something? I've looked through all the REST API doco but there's nothing I can find that will allow me to effect this. I know it was a long shot but I did attempt to add the screen to the transition on creating the worklfow (schema assumed from the GET of the workflow) but of course this results in an error (not unexpected but disappointing):

Workflow POST body excerpt:

{
    "name": "In progress",
    "from": [
      "1"
    ],
    "to": "3",
    "type": "directed",
    "screen": {
      "id": "10005"
    }
},

400 Response

"errorMessages": [  "Unrecognized field \"screen\"

Is there any way to associate a screen to a workflow transition via the REST API?

Cheers.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you