REST API endpoint for updating development informatio

cuperman May 27, 2020

Which API can I use to add development information (build status etc) to my issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

Hello @cuperman ,

The Development status endpoints to update the details are not exposed, check out the following Feature requests that gives some details on some avaliable GET options in the description and comments but there are not any exposed POST options and also note and be aware of the warning:

There exists a private API that returns development information. However, the endpoints discussed below are intended for internal use only. Therefore, they are not part of the official Jira Software REST APIsthey are not supported and they can change without any notice.

Regards,
Earl

cuperman May 29, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to response @Earl McCutcheon .

Can you tell me how your integration partners write add-ins to manipulate this information?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2020

Hi @cuperman ,

I knew there had to be a better answer for you on this one and I was doing a bit more digging, and Yes, I was incorrect in my previous statement in regards to the post options.

There is currently public endpoints avaliable contrary to my previous comment viewable at the following section of the Jira software API documentation to update The Developer information details:

Particularly "POST /rest/devinfo/0.10/bulk" which is used to:

Stores development information provided in the request to make it available when viewing issues in JIRA. Existing repository and entity data for the same ID will be replaced if the updateSequenceId of existing data is less than the incoming data. Submissions are performed asynchronously. Submitted data will eventually be available in Jira; most updates are available within a short period of time, but may take some time during peak load and/or maintenance times.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events