REST API URI Duplication on JIRA 8.0

Brian Kelly March 2, 2019

After installing the REST API browser all of the api/2 calls are listed like the screen cap below. Any idea how to fix this so the API browser is not duplicating the api/2 and thus breaking the ability to use API testing functionality within the browser.

restAPI.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Edward
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2020

Hi Team! The REST API browser has been hardened against this - Please upgrade to the latest version.
Please see https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/RAB-31

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

Hi! 

Could you check the context path, please?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-jira-application-context-path-225119408.html

Also, could reproduce it on test env ? :) 

If not, time to restart with clean felix cache

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Brian Kelly March 4, 2019

Context path is default and this is installed on my dev env. I just noticed someone else has the same problem posted in the reviews on 2019-02-25. Since this is "unsupported" I probably don't have much recourse. Running 8.0 now. Doubt upgrading to 8.0.1 will fix the problem but can give it try.

Brian Kelly March 7, 2019
andrea schneider May 9, 2019

We do have the same behavior on our environement, Context Path is empty. It is a Linux installation.

Jira: 8.1.0
REST API Browser: 3.2.2

Juergen Lanner May 28, 2019

Seen as well on 8.0.2, REST API Browser 3.2.2, very annoying ...

Chris Griffin January 3, 2020

A year later it's still an issue and the referenced bug was downgraded from "HIGH" priority with the reasoning that the team has no plans to work on it, thus it's not a high priority issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

You need to fix whatever it is in the browser doing this duplication.  Jira is not presenting duplicates.

Brian Kelly March 3, 2019

Yet Chrome, Firefox and Edge all display like this. Not sure how this could be a browser issue?

duplicatedRESTAPI.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2019

There's no duplication in there.

Brian Kelly March 3, 2019

Every API listed with an api/2 has an extra api/2. Using the API browser to issue a GET yields a 404.

Example:

https://myserver.mydomain.edu:8443/rest/api/2/api/2/search?jql=project%3Dtechops (404)

Open a new tab, paste the same string into the address bar with the extra api/2 removed and it works as expected.

https://myserver.mydomain.edu:8443/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%3DTECHOPS

The documentation located here enumerated point #5 clearly shows a RAB with correctly formatted API strings. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2019

Ahh, I see.  There's definitely a problem here, but I don't think it's Jira itself and I'm not sure it's a "bug".  I'd take a guess that Tomcat is misconfigured or something in your network routing.

The reason I say that is the evidence could be paraphrased as:

• Jira responds on the correct url
  • Browsers are telling us a url which has part of it repeated (but those urls do not respond)

So, there's something getting the wrong urls - you've tried three browsers, which suggests it's not them, but that shifts the question to "what are they asking for when getting the list of urls?", as we'd need to look at that to see why it is responding with chunks of repeated url.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer