RAID log

Sharon Kaufman March 30, 2020

How do I create a RAID log within Jira? Do I need a parallel active sprint? If so, how can that be done? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

5 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2020

Hi @Sharon Kaufman

There's no standard method of creating a RAID log - although there are apps to track Risks, such as Risk Register - you can find more on the Atlassian Marketplace.

You could create your own view also if you prefer - but there are lots of options. For example:

Visualising Risks:

• Create an issue type "RAID" and have a custom field decipher what type it is
  • Create four issue types - Risk, Action, Issue and Dependency
  • Create Risk & Issue as issue types, track Actions as Tasks (to fix risks) and Dependencies through linked issues

Tracking:

• Create these in a separate, central Jira project - or directly in each project
  • Link these to other issues using linked issues
  • Make these sub-task issue types and make them direct children of any issue type
  • Track these across their own board - or make them part of the main board (eg. use card colours to mark where a story has at least one open risk)
  • Visualise these in the RAID matrix using a Confluence Page and Issue Filters

^ Lots of options here, it just depends on what your team needs.

If some of the above appeals to you and you want more specific ideas, let me know :)

Ste

Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2020

Thanks for mentioning our app, Stephen!

@Sharon Kaufman , while not a full RAID solution, hundreds of major companies are using Risk Register as a simple, usable, and cost-effective tool to manage their risks. If you want to check it out and need some help, feel free to contact us: https://projectbalm.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1.

Like # people like this
JasbrisMcCaw April 25, 2024

@Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_, Does Project Balm's Risk Register for Jira have RAID support on their roadmap? Currently only a single issueType can be associated with the add-on and shown in the Matrix,

Are there plans to expand on this like other add-ons have? We are trying to understand if we should stay with your solution or move to something like SoftComply Risk Manager for Basic Product Risk Management which does seem to support RAID via more flexibility in their add-on settings.

Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2024

Hi @JasbrisMcCaw

Using Risk Register, you can associate risk information with any issue type. You can display multiple issue types in the risk matrix, just like with SoftComply and other competitors.

I will send you a link to the documentation that explains this. Are you using the DC or Cloud version? 

What additional functionality do you require for RAID support?

0 votes
Margus _SoftComply_ April 12, 2020

Hi @Sharon Kaufman !

For RAID implementation I would also go in depth with some risk apps. Important is traceability, overview and ease of use. For better overview just go through https://softcomply.com/comparison-of-risk-management-apps-on-jira-cloud/ and https://softcomply.com/what-are-the-best-risk-apps-on-jira/ 

cheers,

Margus

Suggest an answer