R4J - Baselining Revision issue

Arthur SALMON October 29, 2019

Hi everyone,

Not sure I will be really clear on my need there.

We have users using R4J to do requirement management. When they create a baseline, they create it on specific version of issues (eg. I create Baseline-1 including Issue-1 [revision 5] and Issue-2 [revision 3]), when you modify the issue included in this baseline, you can still see the revision in the baseline on which you created the Baseline but you can't come back on it if modifications has been made (If the Issue-1 in now on revision 23, you can see the history but can't come back on revision 5).

Any idea on how we could do that?

We are thinking of using codebeamer which is doing that specific point but I would like not to add a new software if we can...

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Hello Arthur!

The R4J baseline represents the state of a set of requirements at a specific point in time and has no capability of reverting all the issues into the baselined states.

In R4J tree's issue detail view, there is a Revisions section where you can select two revisions then compare and copy values between them (since you know what revision you want to revert to based on the baseline) but this is done per issue and not by bulk. 

Best Regards,
Angelica

Arthur SALMON October 29, 2019

Thank you for your answer. I don't think it's really what we are looking for but I will see if it's enough to my colleagues or not.

Suggest an answer