Quickbooks Online/JIRA Retail Inventory

Sage Badolato June 8, 2018

Let me start off by explaining how our business is structured. We're a small business of 8 employees. We provide IT support/managed services to both residential clients, and commercial clients. We currently use JIRA core for project tracking, Quickbooks POS as our ticket/inventory system, and Quickbooks Pro for accounting (which syncs with our QB POS).

We are in desperate need of a new ticketing system, as using Quickbooks POS is a complete mess. Our goal is to use JIRA Service Desk as our ticket system (we already have a test environment setup), and Quickbooks Online for accounting.

However, the way our company is structured and bills clients, I'm running into issues getting this setup the way we need. We're open to using add-ons and piping to sync the data between QB and JIRA if needed.

Some info on how we operate: We treat billing for both residential and commercial clients the same way. Say if someone calls us saying they can't print, and after some troubleshooting, we determine they need a new USB cable for the printer. We would pull the cable from our retail inventory, bill for the item and also bill say 1 hour of labor for the troubleshooting.

We would like to be able to invoice directly in JIRA Service Desk, including entering the amount of labor provided, scan the UPC for the USB cable into the invoice, and have that item removed from our stock. Then have this info sync to Quickbooks Online for our accountant.

We could then print the entire ticket and invoice to provide to the customer as their receipt. I've looked into Automate.io, and a few other options and I'm just overwhelmed and confused by all of the different options.

Hoping someone else has a similiar structure or knows of a way that we can configure this to work how we need.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2021

@Sage Badolato @Bailey Davis 

You can also try Clerk Invoices Jira app. It is mostly for time and materials invoicing, but you can use fixed-price items to add inventory to the invoice (you can import it from spreadsheets as well).

I'm the developer of this app. Let me know if you will have any questions!

UPM Banner.png

Bailey Davis June 2, 2021

Just looked at this app, you did a great job with it.

It is slow close to what im looking for but there are some fundamental pieces missing.

I really need the ability to add products that I have tracked in my inventory somewhere, so that I can not only track stock levels, but also easily add common items to the sale.

Ideally being able to scan a barcode to bring up an item would be perfect.

And I also need a way to quickly take payment and record the payment method.

We do some retail so being able to quickly sell a product and check out a job that has been done and is being paid in person is critical.

@Anton Skorniakov 

Like Anton Skorniakov likes this
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2021

@Bailey Davis Got it.

For now, working with inventories, tracking, etc looks like a separate task. We have this in our backlog, but for the nearest future, unfortunately.

Do you know any other apps that may be able to provide this?

Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
June 2, 2021

I don’t know such apps, unfortunately. 

0 votes

Curious how you went with this @Sage Badolato and if you are still using this setup?

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2018
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2018

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Quickbooks-and-Tempo/qaq-p/314895

You can explore tempo add-on and its integration with Insight platform in case you need deeper Asset management.

Suggest an answer