Quick filters

Sylvain Gantois July 2, 2018

Hi, 

I would like to create quick filters to sort the Backlog

-by Project 

-by task priority

I did find this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver073/configuring-quick-filters-861254434.html

but I don't know what field/keyword I can use apart from  'assignee' or 'type'.

Thank you 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

Quick filters do not sort the backlog, they are to narrow the view to a selection of the issues within the board.  Your backlog is sorted by the board filter (which should be "rank" to allow you to change the order - it could be other things, but you will then lose the ability to order the issues)

Sylvain Gantois July 4, 2018

Thanks, it behaved as you described. I realised I don't need to sort by priority as I can reorder the tasks myself therefore rank was the right setting for me by default

0 votes
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

Hi!

You seem to view the article about Confluence and your question is tagged "Jira" so I assume it is about Jira.

To filter issues this way you should create the following JQL:

project = <project name> ORDER BY priority ASC/DESC

ASC/DESC - depends on where the issues with the highest priority appear - on the bottom/top respectively.

Sylvain Gantois July 4, 2018

thank you, the 'order by' didn't work but I was able to create some filters per project

Like Jason Donner likes this
0 votes
Simone Roberts November 5, 2019

Hi, 

I have created a scrum board under a project, which already has a kanban board associated with it.  When I create a ticket in the new scrum board its also appearing in the kanban board.  I think I need to implement some quick filters, but I am unsure how to create this? 

Suggest an answer