Quick filter, find all issues that WAS assigned to a user, but don't show other users on the board.

thomas October 28, 2020

Hi,

Let's say we have Issue123 that is assigned to UserA.  UserA is done doing some work on it and has assigned it to UserB.

UserA and UserB are on separate teams.  UserA on team A, UserB on team B.

At a meeting for team A, we want to see all issues that have been assigned to UserA for the current sprint. 

We can add quick filter for UserA: "Sprint in openSprints() AND assignee was UserA".

However, now we see UserB listed on the board as well.  Is there a way to NOT list UserB on the board?  I guess what I'm wondering is if there is some plugin or add-on that will allow me to filter the board view as a secondary filter and remove those names from the bottom if they're not on my team. 

See screenshot below for what I mean by UserB being on the bottom part of the board.  Imagine UserB (and maybe UserC, UserD) is listed where the Red marks are.  They are there because they are currently assigned to an issue that UserA was assigned to even though they are not on my team.  The green quick filters are names of people who are on my team.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 2.24.15 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

I think the filter you want is as follows...

sprint in opensprints() and assignee = "user A" or assignee was "user A"

it is hard to decipher your image give everything is obfuscated. :-) However, keep in mind that with the above filter you will get issues on the board that are assigned to User B. I don't know what you mean by not display user b on the board. Boards display issues and the people are reflected based upon assignee.

thomas October 28, 2020

Oh okay then, I see there is no way to exclude UserB from the board.  I guess there is no such thing as another, secondary filter for the board view itself.

Suggest an answer